Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Veridian Dynamics


Veridian Dynamics seems to be related to the purchase of Veridian by General Dynamics -- see my next post.

======================================

Everyone likes Dilbert and its satire on corporate life. Dilbert has been around forever now, and I am about to cancel my newspaper anyway.

Veridian Dynamics is a better parody of office and corporate life. It is the company on the ABC series Better Off Ted.


I love the commercials for Veridian Dynamics that they run on the show. They look like real commercials, but are just a little twisted. The satire is subtle enough to be funny to me, and I think that may be the end of its commercial appear. I was encouraged to see that they gave it a website.

The jokes on their website don't compare to the deadpan dialog from Portia de Rossi, who has displaced Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock as my favorite self-absorbed TV executive. Her character, Veronica, is delightfully self-absorbed.

I also like that they have two lab-coat-clad chemists on the show running experiments with test tubes. We don't get too many chemists on who aren't probing crime scenes or cooking drugs. Although real chemists don't use test tubes much anymore.

Veridian Dynamics seems to be related to the purchase of Veridian by General Dynamics -- see my next post.

What I need is a Veridian Dynamics coffee cup. Seriously, it would be a great inside joke.

[[I made myself a cup!!. See this post.]]




======================================================================
People who like Veridian Dynamics may also like the the Multinational United site for the movie D-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?