Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Sunday, November 15, 2009

IGS Energy - I Signed Up


IGS Energy is an Ohio Gas utility that contracts to supply gas to other utilities. I put a post up about whether it is a scam or not, and that is one of my most popular posts. I also got an interesting reply from the company.

At the time, I was worried about some kind of Enron-style scam where a sleazy fly-by-night company promises bargains, but actually ends up charging far more. Well, time has passed, and it seems this IGS Energies is a regular company that can help me.


Anyway, I signed up for their latest offer. It is a 13.5% discount on natural gas from $0.798 per cubic foot of gas to $0.69. My regular utility is DTE Energy.   It is important to remember that this only applies to the gas portion of the charge, and I still need to pay DTE Energy to get the gas to me. This should save me about 10% on my total gas usage this winter. Maybe $40-50.

I signed up on the website, and it took about 3 minutes. It has taken longer than that to write this post on it.

I will let everyone know how this experiment in capitalism goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?